Wednesday, April 1, 2015

StartUP IP Challenges

One of the fun challenges of startups is the IP laws.  For example, in the WeEat application marketing wise he have all these copyrighted images that could help in the IN-App purchase triggers. At first, yes I cannot use them as they are not my copyrights.

But, what if I vector-ize the image and add some splash of color as that would be derivative image. So now I have that type of question fro my lawyer friends, can vector-ize a copyrighted image and thus will the derivative by thus under my copyright instead of the original image copyright.

If true than I have a way to make a creative header for all my lists in the application and the individual cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,thank you for participating in the discussion by adding your comments.If this was bugged by the NSA you should have seen a little pop asking to relog back into your account.